After a restaurant employee accidentally mixed a highly toxic cleaning agent into a batch of sweet tea, a Utah woman is in critical condition in a Salt Lake City hospital’s burn unit, according to FOX DFW. 67-year-old Jan Harding poured herself a glass of sweet tea at Dickey’s Barbecue restaurant while dining with her husband after they attended church. She took one sip of the tea and spit it out, telling her husband she believed that there was acid in the drink. An investigation revealed that she was correct; an employee mistook a powerful powder-cleaning agent used for deep fryers for sugar, and used it in the restaurant’s tea. Harding has been in the hospital since Sunday, but her condition has not improved. Her family has obtained a lawyer, and may pursue legal action after the police finish their investigation.

If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be responsible, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding personal injury and wrongful death suits.